*~*All Organic - All The Time*~*

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Garden Behind

Apparently, I'm behind in my gardening. In February.

FEBRUARY!?

Huh!?

I guess I'm supposed to be planting seeds right now inside the house, so I can transplant them later. Get a jump on the growing season and all. I'm in Zone 5B - which, according to this calendar (different state, same zone) means I'm behind.

I just ordered my seeds today. Hurry, little seeds, hurry! Now I have to go out and buy stuff to plant them in... sheesh. This whole gardening thing is... like... work! ;)

Reminds me of that Gone With the Wind line, "You're not sorry you stole, you're just sorry you got caught!" I want the garden... but do I have to do all the work!? *whine*

Where's the Little Red Hen when you need her?

Speaking of chickens... Michael is already gathering tools to build our coop. Guess I'll have to start looking into chickens soon, too. Maybe we're behind on that, too, who knows!

Such a big learning curve... eek!

Here's what will, theoretically, be growing in our garden this spring...

Broccoli Raab Seed
Oliver Brussels Sprout Seed
Snowball Y Cauliflower Seed
Marketmore Cucumber Seed
Jericho Romaine Lettuce Seed
Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach
Early Jersey Wakefield Cabbage Seed
Celebrity Tomato Seed
Danvers Carrot Seed
Conquistador Celery Seed
Walla Walla Onion Seed
Ariane Pepper Seed
Camarosa Strawberry Crowns
Hearts of Gold Melon Seedling

Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

GreenStyleMom said...

Ack! That means I'm behind also! I want to grow some seeds with the kids this year. Guess we'll be off to the garden store this weekend.