*~*All Organic - All The Time*~*

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Letter to the NY Times

This lawsuit inspired the following letter to the NY Times from Michael:

Stefanie,

I read your article of 4-29-08 about Sandra Madero online. I'm a father of 2 biological children.

I didn't know Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas were in the birth control business. I was outraged when I read your story. How could anyone continue to patronize a company who caters to women when the company treats a pregnant woman employee the way they did? You'd think it would give them the great marketing idea of developing a spa program, or line of spa home products, for pregnant women. But, no, a pregnant employee gave them the idea that the very essence for their existence - women - are to be abused and denigrated when they become pregnant.

I have already returned the Elizabeth Arden products that I bought my wife, mother and mother-in-law for Mother's Day. And I am encouraging all I know to do the same and to not buy from Elizabeth Arden. I will make certain that my wife spreads your article far and wide throughout her mothering groups, forums and blogs and our parenting and birth communities, groups, forums and blogs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have all the facts before you believe this story!!!!!

Country Dawn said...

Enlighten us, anonymous!

Anonymous said...

I won't be doing business with the Elizabeth Arden company after this article.