*~*All Organic - All The Time*~*

Friday, October 12, 2007

Company's Coming

We're having a friend for dinner tonight.

Well, no, not in the Hannibel Lecter sense or anything.

Actually, this is what we're having:

BBQ Ribs
Green Beans with Bacon and Apples
Spaghetti Salad
*****
Peach Cobbler
Vanilla Ice Cream
*****

Sound good?

I've been cooking and cleaning all day long. Because of course, if company is coming, the house has to be spotless. Which is hard to do with two dogs, two cats and no vaccum cleaner! Ever try to sweep a carpet with a broom? It isn't fun.

I even washed the couch covers and put the TV trays on the sofas so the dogs wouldn't get up there and shed all over them. The TV trays will come down just before company arrives. Taa daa! Spotless couches. Right. That'll last until tomorrow. After which, they will once again be full of dog hair.

And in the midst of all doing all of this, I managed to drive the half hour to pick up Blake from school, got the littles from the bus stop on the way home and bought vanilla ice cream at a corner country store for such an outrageous price I thought my head was going to spin around like Linda Blair. I should have just bought a cow, milked it, and made my own ice cream!

Not that I needed yet another thing to do today.

I know Michael's friend will appreciate all the hard work. Okay, so no one will probably even notice, to tell you the truth. *sigh*

Well, at least there's peach cobbler.

Ah, but the real the ironic part is... by the time company gets here, I'm probably going to be too tired to enjoy it anyway. *sigh*
What I really want to do is just take a nap!

No comments: