*~*All Organic - All The Time*~*

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dead Fascist Horses

Not to beat a dead horse to death or anything, but... (well I guess you can't beat a dead horse to death, can you? It already being dead and all... unlike the nipping pony in the Verizon wireless commercial, who apparently has a taste for dog houses...)

What the hell is wrong with New England? Are they planning to break off and form a fascist state or what? First Maryland with its "Vaccinate Or Go to Jail" policy, and now New Jersey's "Preschoolers Must Have Flu Shots" mandate? What's next, Big Brother?

Not to pick on New England or anything. Really, all of America seems to be either passionately embracing or just laissez-faire accepting all the tenets of fascism that currently exist in our country without any more than a casual, indifferent shrug. Even those outraged by the personal freedoms and liberties being taken away from Americans at every turn feel pretty powerless to stop it.

Not to beat another dead horse... but those foul Star Wars movies have stuck like Exxon on a duck in my brain, and all I can think of is Amidala's line in Star Wars episode-something-or-other: "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."

Do you think I'm crazy? An alarmist? Sometimes I feel a little like Mel Gibson spinning Conspiracy Theories but while I learned what I did within the public education system in spite of itself, my tenth grade history teacher, Mr. Tymrak, would be appalled if I simply herded myself along like the rest of the sheeple in the pen.


* The truth is revealed once and only once.
* Parliamentary democracy is by definition rotten because it doesn't represent the voice of the people, which is that of the sublime leader.
* Doctrine outpoints reason, and science is always suspect.
* Critical thought is the province of degenerate intellectuals, who betray the culture and subvert traditional values.
* The national identity is provided by the nation's enemies.
* Argument is tantamount to treason.
* Perpetually at war, the state must govern with the instruments of fear. Citizens do not act; they play the supporting role of "the people" in the grand opera that is the state.

Is it just me, or does this sound eerily familiar?

We're fiddling.
Rome's burning.
No one cares.
Pass me a heaping helping of Oprah's Favorite Things and a double dose of Reality TV so I can ignore the terrible reality right in front of me, would you?

3 comments:

Amy Primorac said...

Yeah, it is all a bit nuts. But as a transplanted New Englander, I must defend my area of the country. New England is pretty much just CT, MA, RI, VT, NH and Maine. Anything south of here isn't really considered New England. So MD and NJ...they're Mid Atlantic states, I suppose. It's all that humidity in the summers that makes them nuts, I think.

You do have to wonder what's next. I mean, flu vaccines??? Four year olds? That's just insane. Wash their hands and use Purell. And people wonder why we have no immunity to anything any more. It's the exposure to germs and the body fighting it off that creates them. Polio, I get. But the flu?????

Lisa said...

I hear ya. It feels like we all KNOW stuff's going down but that daggone 24% won't pay attention! Soon, NO ONE will have any rights.

Maybe because of my woo-woo bent, it's clear to me that NOTHING happens without a reason. And if you look at the big picture, too much has happened for ANY of it to be a coincidence. (IMO)

Yeesh.

Unknown said...

Nice rant! Thanks for visiting my WW, too! I'll be back to hear more. Hey, I see you're in Michigan?? I'm from Port Huron - before Oregon, anyway. Went to High School there and college in Kalamazoo. I have to fly my niece, who has been spending December with me, back to DTW on Dec. 24. Yikes, I hope she doesn't have flight trouble.
diaryof1.com