13 Family Christmas Traditions
1. Oranges in the bottoms of our Christmas stockings. The kids love this tradition. I love it because it keeps that "stocking" shape and they eat it for breakfast!
2. Using the same wrapping paper for each child. This eliminates the need for name tags (hate those things!) on gifts from mom and dad, because each child has his own wrapping paper and knows which gift is his.
3. Setting out the Santa cookies and milk on Christmas Eve. Doesn't everyone do this?
4. Leaving carrots for the reindeer. In the morning, there's always one left with a "reindeer bite" out of it!
5. Santa's boot-prints by the fireplace. More proof that Santa really exists!
6. A letter from Santa. He leaves one every year for the kids, right by the milk and cookies. Nice of him to take the time, considering all he's got to do on Christmas Eve, isn't it?
7. Reading "T'Was The Night Before Christmas" before the kids go to bed on Christmas Eve.
8. Opening one present on Christmas Eve - it's always Christmas pajamas for them to wear to bed so pictures on Christmas morning won't reveal that we normally put them to bed in old t-shirts with moth holes.
9. Going to see Santa - to get the "Santa picture" and to ask Santa for what we want for Christmas.
10. Santa always leaves "Lifesaver Storybooks" in the stockings
11. Stockings have to be opened first, before we start presents
12. Presents are opened one at a time, and we take turns, so we can all appreciate each gift.
13. Finding the "Christmas Pickle" ornament - every year Santa leaves a small gift for the child who finds the Christmas pickle hidden in the tree.
SEE MORE THURSDAY THIRTEENS HERE!
|1. SusieJ Burning Calories|
6. Comedy Plus
7. Nicole Austin
9. Susan Helene Gottfried
13. On a Limb with Claudia
14. Tiffany Aller
16. The Pink Flamingo
17. marcia v
20. Emma Petersen
22. Rian Fike
25. Penelope Anne
28. Michael Schurmann
Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.